platform ui Gerrit build

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

platform ui Gerrit build

Wim Jongman-2
Hi,

The Gerrit Build takes 2.5 hours to complete. This is already close to unworkable but on top of this, only one build at the time is running (mine is due to run in 14 hours :). Is it possible to let these jobs run in parallel?

Cheers,

Wim

image.png

_______________________________________________
platform-ui-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/platform-ui-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: platform ui Gerrit build

Wim Jongman-2

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 3:45 PM Wim Jongman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

The Gerrit Build takes 2.5 hours to complete. This is already close to unworkable but on top of this, only one build at the time is running (mine is due to run in 14 hours :). Is it possible to let these jobs run in parallel?

Cheers,

Wim

image.png

_______________________________________________
platform-ui-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/platform-ui-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: platform ui Gerrit build

Mickael Istria-5
Hi Wim,

It used to work. I had a quick look at the configuration and I couldn't find the option to run builds in parallel, it seems to have vanished.
I've opened https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=538092 as it might be related to the CBI refactorings announced earlier this year and may be important for the admins @Foundation to be aware of it.

Thanks for reporting.

_______________________________________________
platform-ui-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/platform-ui-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: platform ui Gerrit build

Aleksandar Kurtakov
In reply to this post by Wim Jongman-2


On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 4:45 PM, Wim Jongman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

The Gerrit Build takes 2.5 hours to complete. This is already close to unworkable but on top of this, only one build at the time is running (mine is due to run in 14 hours :). Is it possible to let these jobs run in parallel?

In addition to that it would be really nice if more people look at the project as a whole and start scratching itches - get rid of old crap in the code, speed up tests and etc. It would benefit everyone but very few people do so. :)
 

Cheers,

Wim

image.png

_______________________________________________
platform-ui-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/platform-ui-dev



--
Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse Team

_______________________________________________
platform-ui-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/platform-ui-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: platform ui Gerrit build

Jonah Graham
In reply to this post by Mickael Istria-5
Hi Mickael/Wim,

For Nebula's builds that I recently setup I turned on the option (https://ci.eclipse.org/nebula/job/nebula.stable.github/configure), see attachment for screenshot if that helps.

Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders Ltd.
www.kichwacoders.com


On Mon, 20 Aug 2018 at 15:14, Mickael Istria <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Wim,

It used to work. I had a quick look at the configuration and I couldn't find the option to run builds in parallel, it seems to have vanished.
I've opened https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=538092 as it might be related to the CBI refactorings announced earlier this year and may be important for the admins @Foundation to be aware of it.

Thanks for reporting.
_______________________________________________
platform-ui-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/platform-ui-dev

_______________________________________________
platform-ui-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/platform-ui-dev

Screenshot_2018-08-20_15-24-28.png (197K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: platform ui Gerrit build

Mickael Istria-5
Thanks for the screenshot Jonah. I missed the "concurrent" option (I was looking for "parallel").
I've now enabled this option and builds run in parallel for that job.
However, they only seem to be running on master and not taking advantage of the other slaves. Anyone has a clue?

_______________________________________________
platform-ui-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/platform-ui-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: platform ui Gerrit build

Wim Jongman-2
Yes, this is also a setting. "Restrict where this project can run"

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 4:34 PM Mickael Istria <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for the screenshot Jonah. I missed the "concurrent" option (I was looking for "parallel").
I've now enabled this option and builds run in parallel for that job.
However, they only seem to be running on master and not taking advantage of the other slaves. Anyone has a clue?
_______________________________________________
platform-ui-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/platform-ui-dev

_______________________________________________
platform-ui-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/platform-ui-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: platform ui Gerrit build

Mickael Istria-5


On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 5:51 PM, Wim Jongman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, this is also a setting. "Restrict where this project can run"

Except that unless I missed it, this is not checked so no restriction should happen and builds should spread across all slaves...

_______________________________________________
platform-ui-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/platform-ui-dev