updating Mylyn Docs EPP contribution

David Green-15
Devs,

I'm performing a release of Mylyn Docs[1] and am interested in contributing it to the latest EPP distribution since the contributed version of WikiText is quite old and creating problems for other integrators[2].  How would I go about doing that?

Thanks,

David

--

David Green | VP of Architecture Tasktop

email: [hidden email]

Re: updating Mylyn Docs EPP contribution

Torkild U. Resheim
Hi David,

It should be fairly straightforward to upgrade Mylyn Docs in an existing product, unless there are features there that have hard dependencies to to a specific Mylyn Docs version. This appears to be the case in[2].

Anyway, I believe it’s just a matter of letting the EPP team know which repository to pick up when building the distribution(s).

Best regards,
Torkild

17. nov. 2017 kl. 20:57 skrev David Green <[hidden email]>:

Devs,

I'm performing a release of Mylyn Docs[1] and am interested in contributing it to the latest EPP distribution since the contributed version of WikiText is quite old and creating problems for other integrators[2].  How would I go about doing that?

Thanks,

David

--

David Green | VP of Architecture Tasktop

email: [hidden email]

Re: updating Mylyn Docs EPP contribution

David Green-15
Thanks Torkild.

I think in the case of Mylyn Docs, it's coupled to the Mylyn release version and contributed with Mylyn instead of separately, which is why I'm reaching out here.

David

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 12:35 PM Torkild U. Resheim <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sam Davis
Hi David,

You'll need to update http://git.eclipse.org/c/simrel/org.eclipse.simrel.build.git/tree/mylyn.aggrcon. For Oxygen.2, you need to update the origin/Oxygen_update branch. Updating the Wikitext version in the upcoming Photon release will require a separate review for the master branch.

The Wikitext contribution is at the bottom of that file. I think it would make sense to move it to its own file with you as a contact. Feel free to add me to any reviews or ask me for help if needed.

Cheers,
Sam

--
Sam Davis
Senior Software Engineer, Tasktop

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 12:39 PM, David Green <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Sam!

To circle back here, the 3.0.19 release is now on Oxygen.2 and whatever comes after that.
Also, I've implemented Sam's suggestion of breaking out WikiText from Mylyn: https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/111831/

David

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 1:20 PM Sam Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks both of you,

I was always thinking there was no reason to synchronise these releases. Maybe we should make an habit of it ;)

Best reagards,
Torkild