using images from Platform

Gayan Perera
Hi All,

I have few questions:
- How i can reuse icons from the platform ?
- And Is there a hour glass icon already in platform which i can use in my plugin ?
- If i'm adding my own icons can i add svg ? How to load them as Images ?

Br.
Gayan.

Re: using images from Platform

Mickael Istria-5
Hi Gayan,

I would suggest you simply use the magnifier emoji (🔍) in the label. It's provided by the system, consistent with other apps, scales well...
Cheers

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 6:59 PM Gayan Perera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I have few questions:
- How i can reuse icons from the platform ?
- And Is there a hour glass icon already in platform which i can use in my plugin ?
- If i'm adding my own icons can i add svg ? How to load them as Images ?

Br.
Gayan.

Mickael Istria

Re: using images from Platform

Aleksandar Kurtakov

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 11:37 PM Mickael Istria <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Gayan,

I would suggest you simply use the magnifier emoji (🔍) in the label. It's provided by the system, consistent with other apps, scales well...
Cheers

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 6:59 PM Gayan Perera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

If you can use emoji ⌛ should be good.

I have few questions:
- How i can reuse icons from the platform ?

platform:/plugin/plugin-name/package-containing-icon/iconname.png is the url you can use

- And Is there a hour glass icon already in platform which i can use in my plugin ?

I'm not aware of such.

- If i'm adding my own icons can i add svg ? How to load them as Images ?

SWT supports SVG (IMAGE_SVG ) since 4.14  like any other image format but only on GTK [1]. It would be nice if implementations for Mac/Win are added but these are not there yet.

Hope that helps

Br.
Gayan.

Mickael Istria

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse Team

Re: using images from Platform

Sravan K Lakkimsetti

In addition to information provided by Alex, here are some things you can use

We have “Plug-in Image Browser” to search for the images in eclipse installation.

For the new images we use a images repo eclipse.platform.images.git , here is the process we use

  1. Create svg image.
  2. Commit this svg image to platform images repo.
  3. Follow README.md to generate necessary png images.

Hopefully this tool might be useful for you

Thanks

Sravab

Re: using images from Platform

Gayan Perera
Hi Sravan,

Where can i get the Plugin-in Image Browser ?

Best regards,
Gayan.

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 7:09 PM Sravan K Lakkimsetti <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

In addition to information provided by Alex, here are some things you can use

We have “Plug-in Image Browser” to search for the images in eclipse installation.

For the new images we use a images repo eclipse.platform.images.git , here is the process we use

  1. Create svg image.
  2. Commit this svg image to platform images repo.
  3. Follow README.md to generate necessary png images.

Hopefully this tool might be useful for you

Thanks

Sravab

Re: using images from Platform

Daniel Megert
You don't have to "get it". It's part of the standard download. Just user Window > Show View > Other...

HTH
Dani

From:        Gayan Perera <[hidden email]>
To:        "Eclipse platform general developers list." <[hidden email]>
Date:        14.06.2020 21:20
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [platform-dev] using images from Platform
Sent by:        [hidden email]

Hi Sravan,

Where can i get the Plugin-in Image Browser ?

Best regards,
Gayan.

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 7:09 PM Sravan K Lakkimsetti <sravankumarl@...> wrote:
Hi,

In addition to information provided by Alex, here are some things you can use

We have “Plug-in Image Browser” to search for the images in eclipse installation.
For the new images we use a images repo eclipse.platform.images.git, here is the process we use
  1. Create svg image.
  2. Commit this svg image to platform images repo.
  3. Follow README.mdto generate necessary png images.

Hopefully this tool might be useful for you

Thanks
Sravab

Eclipse platform general developers list. <
[hidden email]>
Subject:
[EXTERNAL] [platform-dev] using images from Platform

Hi All,

I have few questions:
- How i can reuse icons from the platform ?
- And Is there a hour glass icon already in platform which i can use in my plugin ?
- If i'm adding my own icons can i add svg ? How to load them as Images ?

Br.
Gayan.

Re: using images from Platform

Christian Pontesegger

> - And Is there a hour glass icon already in platform which i can use
> in my plugin ?

platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui/icons/full/obj16/contended_mo
nitor_obj.png

Check out
http://codeandme.blogspot.com/2017/05/extract-eclipse-svg-icons.html

to learn how to extract svg images from eclipse projects.

HTH
Christian